Thursday, May 28, 2009


Okay, so, this is not at easy as it looks. Plus, I'm lazy. I prefer to sit around and do nothing when I'm inside rather than write and upload pictures and junk but I miss my family and friends back home so, perhaps you are missing me.... ?


Last weekend I went with Jared (another teacher) to Hanok Village and found about 100,000 beautiful things that I want to buy-eventually. There are some beautiful crafts here. Hanji paper is one of Jeonju's most noted arts and there are about 1 million stores that sell Hanji paper products in Hanok Village. We spent several hours wandering around and checking out all the artistic shops in this traditional-themed village. I also took many, many pictures, so...Yay-ay!


Something I found really interesting is that foreigners are kind of like celebrities here. Jared is a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, corn-fed American and he stuck out like, well, an american in South Korea. That got us a lot of attention. Children flocked to him like Jesus shouting every possible English word they could come up with. It was awesome! I, however, felt a little more like Justin Timberlake's entourage but, whatev', it was still fun. Apparently, Koreans are not always sure if I'm foreign or just the foreigners' Korean friend.


I posted some pictures for you to check out. I'm obviously fascinated by the traditional architecture. It is way may colorful and artistic than anything we have at home. Have fun! More soon!

1 comment:

  1. You write on your blog just as much as I visit it....c'mon, start sharing, chica!! Inquiring minds wanna know! By the way, Dad LOVED your Father's Day gift -- good show! How're your kids? The school? Been to Seoul yet? Stay away from North Korea -- it's a crazy hot zone over there! (Duh!)

    ReplyDelete